Is there a way to make a creamy, rich in taste soup without adding a cream 一 no cheese, nor any dairy? There sure is!
Today, I present you the creamy roasted cauliflower soup, which is by far my favorite warm dish, especially for fall and wintertime. Vegans love this soup because it’s both dairy-free and gluten-free.
Here’s how you can make it yourself, in the comfort of your own home.
First, let’s go over the list of ingredients:
- 1 head cauliflower (cut into bite-sized pieces),
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil,
- 1 onion, chopped,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth,
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (for the vegan option you can use cashews),
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice,
- parsley as garnish.
And here’s how to make it yourself:
- Roast the cauliflower in the oven.
- Cook the onions on a small amount of olive oil, at high heat.
- When the onions become tender, add garlic and vegetable broth.
- Add roasted cauliflower and let the mixture cook for about 20-25 minutes.
- Once you feel like the vegetables are cooked, take them out, put them in a blender, and mix them with butter or cashews.
- Once the mixture is creamy enough, add a bit of lemon juice and garnish the soup with parsley.
How quick was that?